Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The F.I.T.T. Principle and Your Daily Alignment Practice


By Jill Marie Chesrow



Are you familiar with the F.I.T.T. Principle in regards to your physical fitness program?  I heard about this principle for the first time a few years ago...at least that is the first time I remember hearing it.  It wasn't from my Personal Trainer though,  it was from one of my Spiritual teachers...who just so happened to hear it from her Personal Trainer :)

The Definition is:

The F.I.T.T. Principle is one of the foundations of exercise, a set of guidelines that help you set up a workout routine to fit your goals and fitness level while helping you get the most out of your exercise Program.

F.I.T.T stands for

1.  Frequency:  How often you exercise
2.  Intensity:  How hard you work during your exercise
3.  Time:  How long you exercise
4.  Type:  The type of activity you're doing.

In a previous post I talked about having a Daily Alignment Practice and why I believe it is essential for living a balanced life.  You can read that post  here.

To recap though,  I talked about the basic elements to include in your Daily Practice which are:  Body, Mind, Spirit and Shadow work.

But what happens when you have a great daily practice that you love, it has become your new habit, yet over time you notice that you don't  really feel like you're  in alignment?  Life it getting harder and harder it seems, your are in a rut and something just feels off?

This is a perfect time to do some self- reflection and check in with what is going on in your life.  If nothing seems obvious as to why you might be feeling this way then it is a perfect time to utilize the F.I.T.T principle in your Daily Alignment Practice.  You may need to change it up a bit to go deeper.

First,  get some clarity on what you are wanting to experience in your life.  Is it more health, peace, balance, connection, grounding, energy, clarity, abundance, creativity...

Then put your current Daily Alignment Practice up for review and see what adjustments may need to be made to one or more elements of your practice.  Trust your intuition as more is not always better.  If you are meditating for 15 minutes a day that doesn't mean that 30 will be better, it might mean that you need to change they type of meditation you are doing or even the location.

You may be really strong in some areas of your practice and not in others.  Personally...I do really good in the Mind, Spirit and Shadow aspects of my daily practice, but not so much in the Body aspect!  This is a huge growing edge for me and one that has really been throwing me out of alignment recently.  Or perhaps it might be more accurate to say...that it is interfering with me moving to the next level of living a fabulous life.

Once I fully acknowledged this and got clearer on what I really want to experience in my life, which is optimal well-being physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually,  then it was time to bring the F.I.T.T. principle to  my Daily Alignment Practice.

I have made fabulous changes to my eating habits which include doing J.J. Virgin's Diet Challenge of taking  Soy, Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, Peanuts, Corn, Sugar and Artificial sweeteners out of my diet for a minimum of 21 days for most of them,  and some like Artificial Sweeteners, Peanuts and Corn for the long term.

Had I of just kept plugging along doing my usual routine and not applied the  F.I.T.T principle, I doubt I would have made any significant changes.

I also created a Connection/Grounding Mandala Crystal Grid, from the image of my Custom Personal Mandala,  to amplify feeling more Grounded and I LOVE it :)    I'll share more about that in a future post.

Connection/Grounding Mandala Crystal Grid


If connecting with your Spirit is something that you would like to go deeper with and creativity is soothing to your soul,  you may want to check out some amazing people that are combining the two to go deeper into that space.  One dynamic individual that I just love is Hali Karla over at www.halikarla.com.  Hali does Prayer Art and I invite you to check it out if that calls to you.

There are so many ways to utilize the F.I.T.T principle with your daily alignment practice so do some research and see where you might need to change it up a bit!

Here's to living in Alignment and being F.I.T.T!!!

What changes have you made in your life that has helped you really step it up to the next level?

or

What changes might  you benefit from making in your life to ~ Live a life you love living?

You can do it!  We believe in you and support you 100%.

With Heart,

Jill Marie









No comments:

Post a Comment