Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Quick Tips to Shift Your Energy

by Michelle

Have you ever had a time when you felt like your energy just wasn’t feeling right? Maybe you were extra cranky or feeling blue and there really wasn’t any reason for it and you just didn’t know why.
That happened to me last week. I wasn’t actually feeling bad realy but it seemed like things weren’t going my way. Everything that could go wrong was going wrong. Things weren’t running smoothly. I was spilling things, struggling, feeling frustrated, getting behind people who were going 10 miles under the speed limit. Hello…it was testing my patience.

I recognized that something was going on. I tried to leave my house to switch my energy, I even did a verbal coaching session with myself that actually did help my attitude but the energy still felt off.

After a couple of days of this I decided to go into my records and see what exactly was going on. As usual, the information I received was right on and helped shift my mood and my energy the very next day. Things felt back on track and I was back in the flow.
Here are some tips you can try when your energy is feeling a little out of whack. Some are for your home and others are for you personally.

1.      Clean and organize- Pick a spot in your house that could use a some help and give it a little makeover. It may be the place you spend the most time in or the place you’ve neglected lately. It could be as simple as cleaning out a drawer or cleaning your blinds. It’s not about perfection, only progress. Ask yourself what would make this room/house feel the best today?

2.      Open your windows and doors- Let the fresh air in and get the energy moving in your house. If it’s cold out, you can do it for a couple of minutes. Think about what you do when you burn something in your kitchen. You open up the doors and windows and fan the smoke out. Imagine you are fanning in nice, fresh energy.
 
3.      Light some sage-Sage is great to clear the energy. There doesn’t have to be any special kind of ritual. Just light it, walk around your room and allow the smoke to drift into all the corners. For an added boost you can also express gratitude as you sage your house.

4.      Jump in the shower- Sometimes a quick shower can get you in touch with your body and shift your energy. Imagine any stress or tension being washed away and going down the drain.

5.      Head outside for nature time- Involve all of your senses when you spend time in nature especially if you only have a short time. Breathe in the fresh air, hear the birds and animals, feel the warmth of the sun or the cool breeze. Feel yourself connecting with the warm, grounding energy of the earth.

6.      Finish what you start- Before heading onto a new task be sure to complete the one you started. Energy can get muddled when there are several different projects up and running at the same time. Just do a quick check in with yourself before jumping into something new. Ask yourself, “Is there anything that needs to be finished before I start this?”

Do you have any things you like to do to shift your energy? We would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment