Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Introducing Myself

by Michelle

Hi everyone,
I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and help you get to know me a little. Jill and I want to create a strong community and in order to do that you need to know who you are communing with right?

 
My name is Michelle Lynn Pulice Geoffroy. I am an only child who grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. I always had this deep spiritual yearning, even as a child. I used to read my cousin’s children’s bibles for fun.
I was raised to be strong tough though so I became strong and tough.  I was known as the mouth because I was loud, always had something to say and there was little filter. In fact, I’m still pretty much like that but I am a little softer and have learned to filter.
I was married when I was just 20, had two children and was divorced by 23. I found myself a single mom raising two boys. Fortunately I found who I like to call “the good husband” when my children were just 1 ½ and 2 ½. I still can’t believe my luck. Ed stepped right in and loved me and my boys like no one else ever has.
Don't those boys look happy? :o)
We were married in 1996 and we ended up having three more boys…yes, I have 5 boys. My oldest is 20 and my youngest is 10. They are such beautiful boys and not to brag but I think I will, they are the sweetest, kindest, most well behaved boys you have ever met. I can’t believe how lucky I am!
From left to right: Dallas (20), Devin (14), Aidan (10), Liam (11)
Cody (19) & his girlfriend Julie
The path that brought me to I AM is a long and winding road that required a lot of healing. I first started having physical issues around 1998 after my third son was born. I went the traditional medical route looking for help and was unable to find any. In 2003 I found myself in the hospital. I spent a few days there and when I left I had absolutely no idea what was wrong with me. That began my quest to heal myself.
I started reading every book I could find about alternative medicine, I became a trained hypnotherapist, Reiki practitioner, Holistic Health Coach, and Emotional Release Practitioner. Each program healed me and I found myself feeling stronger and stronger.
It was in 2010 I was confronted with the realization that my true passion was art. I had been at a networking event and a woman introduced herself to me as an artist and the words, “That’s what I should have done” poured out of me. It was a turning point in my life.
Shortly after I started my blog The Creative Healing Studio and started taking online classes, journaling classes, and going to retreats. I was feeling alive and for the first time understood what people meant when they said they were passionate about something.
Last year I signed up for Laura Hollick’s Soul Art Certification and while in the class I met my wonderful business partner Jill. We couldn’t believe it when we realized we were just 45 minutes away from each other and we started meeting for coffee to talk about our goals and dreams.
Jill is an amazing intuitive energy worker and she worked with me energetically. I really feel the reconnective healing and personal reconnection she did with me helped to open me up and move me to the next level on my journey.
Once open I was able to connect with her and myself at a more spiritual level. Everything I had been working towards over the last 12 years was coming together.
The birth of I AM was so amazing. Everything seemed to just flow and come together effortlessly and for the first time I understood what it meant to be in partnership with spirit.
It’s been an amazing journey to get to this point and the greatest thing is that I am still going forward. I am still learning, improving and getting better every day.

2 comments:

  1. God bless you Michelle. Keep following your passion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack! It's been ages! I hope all is well!!!

      Delete