Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Connection Corner

From Michelle

My Connection Corner

I must admit that in the past I've struggled with a daily alignment practice. I would do it for a while and then forget or get busy or...I don't know what.

That is one of the great things about this work. Creating mandalas gives me a reason to connect with my spirit and it has made a big difference in my life. I'm happier, more content and more grateful.

And yet still, I would find myself not meditating or connecting in any way many of the days I was not creating mandalas. I don't do that every day you know. There are many other tasks that have to be done and not making the time to align with my higher self never seemed to make it on the list.

I was inspired by Jill's altar she shared and decided I would make something for myself. I am not a big fan of the word altar so I decided to call it my connection corner.

I went around the house and pulled together some of my favorite items:
  • That bowl was made by my son Cody and it holds shells, rocks, gems and crystals.
  • There is of course my personal Inner Alignment Mandala.
  • I have a bottle of Young Living Abundance essential oil. I just love the way it smells!
  • I have a large glass diamond that reminds me of the work I did in The Journey Practitioner Program. It represents the diamond within each of us.
  • There is a wonderful wood wick candle that was a gift from one of my former students at IIN. I'm not a big fan of candles but this candle I love. The wood wick burns and it sounds like a crackling fire and it smells divine!
  • There is a little moo card from Lori Portka that says, "Abundance is all around us"
  • I have my favorite card deck, Tarot of Transformation
  • I even went out to get a plant because I knew this spot needed one.
My daily practice is simple. I light my candle, close my eyes and focus on gratitude. I go through a long list of everything I have to be grateful for in my life. I look around the table and see what I'm drawn to. Sometimes I pick up something from the bowl and hold it or breathe in my essential oil. I always spend time with my mandala gazing at it or tracing it with my fingers. Then I pull a card for the day.

That is the simple practice. It takes about 10-15 minutes. If I'm in a hurry I can spend just 5 minutes. If I have extra time I can meditate, connect deeper with my mandala, or do some journaling. It's totally flexible and yet it has become a bright spot in my day.

I feel calmer, happier, more centered. I feel a deep spiritual connection that had been inconsistent in my life previously. I didn't realize I was missing it until I started doing it every day.

One of the things Jill and I have been repeatedly getting messages about from our guides and in the records is to help our community create some kind of daily alignment practice for themselves.

I'm curious, do you have a practice and if so, tell me, what does it look like for you? If you don't currently have a practice, is it something you think would make a difference in your life?

What is one thing you can do today to move you in the direction of creating a daily alignment practice for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment