Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Winter Harmony- Welcome Cindy Perloff



The Winter Harmony blog series is our gift to our beautiful community to help inspire and support you to live in harmony with winter. Join us and some amazing guest bloggers M-F during the month of January.
Click here to see all the Winter Harmony posts in one place.

Get your own
Winter Harmony Mandala to bring a little peace and joy to your winter season this year and see what message it has for you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The winter season is filled with the promise of intimacy. Cozy days & nights warming up by the fireplace, meaningful time spent with people we enjoy. Winter can be a sacred time to go within. It offers us time to think about life and to nurture ourselves, our hopes and our dreams.

 

It’s important to acknowledge the challenges that come up during the winter season as well, so we can develop strategies that help us stay in our power vs. reacting like a puppet on a string. Winter has a dark & dreary side. Much of nature is dormant. Life appears to be suspended below layers of ice and snow. 
 

Feelings of isolation and loneliness can set in from spending more time indoors with less natural daylight. On top of all the physical things, the winter season is sprinkled with holidays that trigger many deep emotions. The whole spectrum of emotions connected to family, relationships, and finances can be triggered by either having too much OR too little going on.
 
 
I like to think that the seasons and the elements in nature were divinely designed to remind us of what is important and that things are always changing. The coldness of Winter slows me down and draws my attention inward. It reminds me that being grounded, paying attention, and knowing who I am is an important part of taking care of myself.
 
 
Last winter I observed the ingrained judgmental thoughts I had about taking time to rest and relax. I didn't see this part of me before because my life had been filled with many distractions. I grew up in an environment where we all prided ourselves on having a busy schedule. I thought I had changed that, but last winter we had snow that was topped off with freezing rain.
 
 
The whole area shut down for a few weeks due to ice, broken trees and downed electic lines. I observed how irritable, tense, judgmental and self critical I was when I wasn't busy doing something (although there wasn't much to do without electricity in a small rural town after an ice storm)!
 
 
It never feels good when first observing these things, but becoming aware of something gives me the power to choose something new.

 
In The LifeLine Technique training courses, Dr. Darren Weissman teaches that when the “crap” comes to the surface, it’s not there to define me, or to punish me, it’s there to awaken me to my life, to my choices, my dreams, and desires. I call it “crap” but Dr. Darren Weissman refers to these things as “gifts in strange wrapping paper”. These “strangely wrapped gifts” come to the surface to awaken us to our choice to live our highest expressions of life.

 
I decided to I chose a new thought “I am worthy feeling love”. I sat outside in the open field, listened to the sounds of the ice snapping the tree branches, and took these photos of Mother Nature’s artwork. Because I allowed myself to be in harmony with Winter I was able to receive the gift in her message. 
 

 
I make it a priority to follow the examples of the animals I live with by taking some time every day to stretch, play, breathe and just be. 
 
 
 
…AND, when I need help, I reach out. 
 
 
With love & gratitude,
Cindy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Cindy Perloff has been personally trained by Dr. Darren Weissman, the developer of The LifeLine Technique™, and has worked as a facilitator at his live training courses since 2009. She is known in the LifeLine community for her personal teaching & coaching skills and for the insights she shares through articles written for a private training forum. Cindy earned her certificate to teach Primordial Sound Meditation from Deepak Chopra in 2002 and has attended a variety of training events over the years. Cindy is gifted with the ability to guide and support you in finding your truth and living your life from a place of beauty, grace & power. No matter where you are in your life journey, reaching out and receiving support will help you to be clear & confident and to feel vibrant in every role that you play in your life. Begin owning your power today ~ visit Cindy’s website to claim your FREE 20 minute mini LifeLine Coaching Session. Cindy will DOUBLE YOUR FREE SESSION TIME when you visit the beautiful InnerAlignmentMandalas.com website and download the FREE “I am Love” Mandala Poster. No matter what you choose, let it be something that moves you in the direction of your dreams. You are worth it.
 

6 comments:

  1. Cindy!!! I loved your post and insight and adorable pictures ;) Thank you so much for sharing and also your amazing offer...that is so very kind and generous of you. Having had several LifeLine Sessions for myself and both of my children and then for completing the first part of the training myself...I know the Power of Infinite Love and Gratitude and the LifeLine Technique. You really do Rock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for inviting me to share on your blog. I received so many insights and gifts from all the amazing women that you and Michele brought together. I have the beautiful Winter Harmony Mandala adorning my office...it will always represent these beautiful connections you and Michele made possible. With love & gratitude to both of you.

      Delete
    2. It was such a pleasure to have you part of this series!! I'm so glad you are enjoying your mandala!

      Xoxox

      Delete
  2. Oh, Cindy...

    Your photos...and your words have brought a gentle beauty to my world this day...

    (Thank you for that gift.)

    I love how your eye sees things around you, and what you capture with your camera lens.

    with appreciation and love from Cape Cod,

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coast to coast ~ I definitely feel the love that you send out from your beautiful being, Sandi! There are no words to express it...just an open, warm & expansive stillness in my heart. Thank YOU!




      Delete
  3. Cindy, love your words and gorgeous photos - and thank you for sharing the phrase 'gifts in strange wrapping paper'. That has really resonated with me!

    ReplyDelete