Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Take a Vacation in Everlasting Joy and Love




I was sitting out in my screen room today working away on my computer. In a split second I caught a glimpse of my reflection in my laptop screen and I was taken aback. Who the heck was that looking back at me? I did not recognize that person.

When did my eyes change so much? How old am I? How on earth did my face gain that double chin?

All good questions.

But then I looked a little closer. I looked deeper into my eyes and I recognized that inner spark, the part of me that isn't attached to this body and I felt like I could breathe a sigh of relief. I felt myself relax and my whole being felt like it settled in to a sense of peace and contentment.

I'm a mystery to myself. Some days I'm content exactly where I am, others I'm wishing for more. There are times when I'm smiling ear to ear, acting goofy, and laughing with the greatest of ease and then there are times when I'm crabby, stand offish and just want to be left alone. Some days I look in the mirror and hate what is being reflected back to me and others I'm pleasantly surprised at the person looking back.

But when I am able to strip all of that away and go deep...really deep, I find myself to be vast and expansive, connected to everything, pulsing with love and light and from this place, none of the other stuff matters.



Now, don't get me wrong, I don't live my life from this place of everlasting joy and love...I wish that I did or that I could, but I have not figured out how to do that just yet. BUT...I am able to vacation there from time to time. It's a miraculous journey and the few moments I have the pleasure of spending there is enough to bring everything into perspective and to make everything feel alright.

It's enough to release my self judgement, to be gentle with myself and to not take life so seriously. It's enough fill up my well, to smile just a bit easier and love just a bit deeper. And it's enough to realize that no matter what I look like on the outside, I'm still the same person on the inside.



1 comment:

  1. Sweet Michelle...

    What a great title for your post. I love it.

    And yes.. I HAVE had (too) many times when I have looked at my computer screen reflection while it loads and thought.. "Who is THAT?"...

    I love this post.

    AND the way you share yourself here.

    It is refreshing honest and also so spiritually connected to truth.

    Thank you Michelle. For being you...and for sharing and gently lifting our spirits as well.

    with love and appreciation,

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete